Historic Taylor Barn was designed by an Italian architect and built in 1879 by Eben Baldwin & German masons. The structure is a “banked barn,” meaning that the bottom floor was accessible on only one or two sides. The basement once held stalls for thirty head of horse and built with the capacity to hold eighty tons of hay.
The original farm house burned to the ground in 1903, but was rebuilt by Eben Baldwin in 1905. It is currently owned by Charlie and Debi Taylor. Charlie grew up on the farm which his family purchased in 1947.
Charlie and Debi have restored the home and are working to restore the barn to its original beauty. Hand-hewn timbers of walnut, hickory, and sycamore are as good as new and structurally, the barn is in extraordinary condition.